True Story

Use this forum ONLY for topics that do not fit in any of the other forums below.
Dannicus
Extreme Angler

True Story

Post by Dannicus »

I fished every day last week. On Friday I was dealing with some nagging hand pain that I assumed was arthritis. By mid-day on Saturday it had become pretty acute. So much so that it kept me awake that night. I was having trouble even making a fist. I wasn't sure if it was muscular, tendonitis, carpal tunnel, or what.

I decided to take a few days off from fishing. I iced it, and took ibuprofen and Tylenol. I did a lot of stretching and massaging of my hand and wrist.

Yesterday it was feeling better. Still sore but only about 20% of the pain it had been, so I loaded the float tube and rods into the truck with plans to fish Otay at 5AM this morning.

I woke up early and made coffee. My hand was stiff, and as I stretched and massaged it I mused over the soundness of my decision to go fishing. I really didn't relish the notion of living through that kind of pain again, but in the end I convinced myself it was probably ok .

I got in the truck, and turned the ignition...the radio crackled to life to the strains of the Stone Temple Pilots. The very first words, which sounded loudly and clearly from my truck's speakers were:

"Take time with a wounded hand 'Cause it likes to heal"

I promptly turned the truck off and went back to bed. There's always Murray tomorrow.
DarkShadow
Mega Pro Angler

Re: True Story

Post by DarkShadow »

Synchronicity is a pretty interesting phenomena.

As I get older, rest starts becoming recovery. In my youth, there was no such thing as rest. The fish weren't going to catch themselves.
Midnightpass
Extreme Angler

Post by Midnightpass »

Tell me about it…. I just got home from a morning of surf fishing… Sat down ate some lunch, drank some water, and only now thinking of cleaning out the car of gear… I said thinking, not doing. :roll:
Butch
Early release
Extreme Angler

Post by Early release »

That's a great story. Sometimes I do think there are things we can't explain, I don't know if we are looking for them, or they always happen. But, I do think it's good to rest your hand. I know the fish think so. :)