anybody doing their own injection mold plastics?

Discussions about pouring your own plastics, modifying or painting lures, and even carving your own swimbaits.
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

anybody doing their own injection mold plastics?

Post by Carpkiller »

I've been watching a ton of YouTube videos about injection-molding plastic lures. '''
r800er].JPG
pic for attention...

I know, I know...with all the cheap plastics available from Temu, on amazon and from bulk suppliers like Lockett, what's the point?

Well, the point is that for every big ol' pile of lures that I get on the cheap, at least half of them end up not being what I wanted. The color's not quite right...or they're just an RCH too big or too small to rig on the leadheads I like. And sometimes they just don't match the description (talking to YOU, Temu).

If you've done some injector-molding of your own plastics, what's your top tip for me? Any brands of molds that suck? Are the various 3d printed and liquid stone molds okay....or should I just bite the bullet and pay for the aluminum molds?

And, looking at carrot-shaped and ripper styles finesse swimbaits...like, 3 inches and under....any recommendations?

Always with the questions, this guy....Thanks in advance.
I'll pretend my tube's not sinking
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking....
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Re: anybody doing their own injection mold plastics?

Post by Carpkiller »

Goofing around with some very pricey molds and injectors. Practicing making laminates, using (mostly) remelted plastic left overs. Gonna quit 'til the new non-bleed colorants show up. No point in making a really sweet lure if the colors are just gonna blend together.
The first shot has a 2" sexy shad and a 3" Bass Assassin (chartreuse tail) mixed in for scale.
assortment.jpg
carrot redclear.jpg
grn clr jerkbait.jpg
pale grn carrot.jpg
piles O baits.jpg
sprue gold.jpg
camobass
Extreme Angler

Post by camobass »

Nice
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life
Gotfish?
Extreme Angler

Post by Gotfish? »

So if you don't break the lures off of the runner and just use the whole thing as a lure, the fish will be seeing a creature bait the likes of which they have never seen before. Looks like a nightmare version of a centipede i.e. maybe lunch to a big fish.
vito1023
Angler

Post by vito1023 »

Those are super impressive, I really like the 2,3 and 4 a lot I would purchase those if you end up selling them.
Because I haven’t been on the site because of double knee surgeries I’ve only been reading some of the posts and I did notice your spinner bait post and I went through a inline spinner bait phase when I was going up north for Salmon Fishing on the rivers there’s nothing better than catching fish on your own made lures,
Thanks for all your past posts as they have been very interesting and helpful.
Tight Lines for everyone
Carpkiller
Extreme Angler

Post by Carpkiller »

I just "invested" in two more molds....including Basstackle's 2 1/4 inch version of the fluke. I tried the 3" version in the bay, and that thing works just like a little zoom fluke or bass assassin. I let it sink to the bottom (took forever) and got a spotty. If I can find a small enough ewg hook, it should KILL the creek bass.

VITO...check your PMs....