Otay May 27

Largemouth, smallmouth, or striped bass...talk about bass fishing specific topics here.
JWall
Extreme Angler

Otay May 27

Post by JWall »

Otherwise known as I’m ready for this May weather to go away. Arrived just after the gate opened and second to launch. Except we didn’t. It was near white capping straight from the east and darn chilly. Gave it 30 minutes and headed out. First stops were all along the eastern wind protected side of the main and Otay arms, not the plan. Plenty of calmer spots with fishy looking cover but only tagged one on the tule’s edge. When Harvey finally settled down we headed back along the southern banks. Many of boats that preceded me were literally buried up in the tules, I suspect for wind relief. We did bag another and found some bites for the girl but had to run about 10am. I threw flylined senkos and got her to try them as well. Setting the hook hard enough likely kept her from catching some. I also saw only one bass hit the surface all day. It was beautiful out there as usual and tons of bird watching to keep her happy but I’m tired of wearing 3 layers to fish! P.S. yes those are the burn scars on the carpet and hull from my new cover fiasco. Everything checked out ok but noticed the trolling motor head had started to melt right as we discovered the fire. Whew!
Attachments
IMG_3239.jpeg
IMG_3242.jpeg
Early release
Extreme Angler

Re: Otay May 27

Post by Early release »

It's really been hard weather to figure out...
KillinTime
Extreme Angler

Post by KillinTime »

Looks nice in your pics. Sorry about you fire.
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

KillinTime wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:03 pm Looks nice in your pics. Sorry about you fire.
Thanks Killin Time! Just got word of an insurance settlement and am stoked to get repairs started ASAP!
VinnyBass
Extreme Angler

Post by VinnyBass »

That’s great news on your insurance settlement.
You’ll be back on the water soon with only bass flopping around on your new carpet.
Tight lines :-)
<º)))><.. <º)))><..<º)))><..<º)))><........<º)))><.. )º)))><........
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

VinnyBass wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 6:16 pm That’s great news on your insurance settlement.
You’ll be back on the water soon with only bass flopping around on your new carpet.
Tight lines :-)
Thanks Vinny!