Barrett Report May 22

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Early release
Extreme Angler

Barrett Report May 22

Post by Early release »

Got on the water dark and early with Chuck at about 0430. Freeeeeezing cold this morning. Truck temp gauge told me it was 42F, but it seemed colder. Light wind too, so that probably didn't help. Pedaled over to where it was good last week, and it was decent, but not as good. First fish in the boat on a popper at 0459 and was a decent 2 and 1/2 pound fish. Pedaled about and I couldn't get a pattern going, got them on poppers, small jerkbaits, large jerkbaits, and small cranks, but nothing consistent. Hooked a monster on the new bait, an iloud from megabass and enjoyed the fish taking line until it jumped and spit out my lure, like it knew what it was doing. Clearly it had a better grasp of the situation than I did. Went back into main hauser and just couldn't get a good topwater bite going. Saw plenty of fish hovering at about 14 feet in the main body of Hauser, but they were not interested in deep cranks. Caught about 5 more on the 110+ and they were all 2-3 pounds.

Started to get a bit windy and I was a bit tired so headed in early at about 0945-1000. Water was 72F and the wind was howling while pedaling back to pigs. All in all decent fish and decent numbers, just no clear pattern emerged for me. Also seems like whatever spot was good last week, the fish have moved. Seems like mid water column might have been a good move, but with something slower than a crank.
Before bright and early, it's dark and earlier.
Before bright and early, it's dark and earlier.
The fish are healthy looking and fight like little tunas
The fish are healthy looking and fight like little tunas
JWall
Extreme Angler

Re: Barrett Report May 22

Post by JWall »

I’d swear Northerns put up a better fight than Floridas. Scrappy lil dudes.
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

Great job out there! Solid. I have a feeling you'll find more soon. Cheers!
Seaway
Pro Angler

Post by Seaway »

Thanks...!!!!