Sunday May 19th

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
JWall
Extreme Angler

Sunday May 19th

Post by JWall »

I’m sure some of the regulars had typical May Barrett days but we sure didn’t. The girl and I teamed up for 25 bass to 3lbs but it was a pick at best with no topwater or boilers to throw at. A far cry from our 44 last Saturday in a short morning session. My guess is the wind and cold, wet foggy conditions until about 9 cooled off the surface bite. Perhaps the late crew found em in the sunnier hours. We did our damage on senkos and reapers for the most part. We did earn some good fishing karma towing back a two man inflatable from Hauser when both their batteries went kaput. Note to these unconventional boats out there, bring a rope to be towed with. Using the anchor ropes on the rentals is problematic at best. All in all a good day as sometimes we get spoiled with how great Barrett really is.
Attachments
IMG_3289.jpeg
IMG_3291.jpeg
Pond_prowler_619
Pro Angler

Re: Sunday May 19th

Post by Pond_prowler_619 »

25 bass is still a awesome day at barrett,we get spoiled at times
thanks for sharing the report
Jesus saves 🙌
MaxZmus
Pro Angler

Post by MaxZmus »

Hey John, thanks for towing those guys in. I gave my buddy a hard time about spending over a $1k on those lithium batteries and now this happens. I hope Dakota takes care of him. Anyways, thanks for the report as always.
JWall
Extreme Angler

Post by JWall »

MaxZmus wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:15 pm Hey John, thanks for towing those guys in. I gave my buddy a hard time about spending over a $1k on those lithium batteries and now this happens. I hope Dakota takes care of him. Anyways, thanks for the report as always.
No problem at all. I was actually worried about dumping them coming in with their top-heavy craft getting sideways. All good though and glad I could help. I’ve put out a Mayday on my boat 95 miles out to sea before. I will never bypass someone in need.
bendopolo 44+
Mega Pro Angler

Post by bendopolo 44+ »

It is bad Karma to leave a fellow Waterman in peril. As I works out, I’ve helped a lot of people and am the luckiest Fisherman there is. Nothing like towing a $65,000 Bass Boat with your Hobie. Guaranteed a chance at something huge. Grabbing the trash I see, just a bonus for everybody. Remember, we are practicing our craft in one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Enjoy the every moment, even the Power Kayaker mowing over your line, between the shore and you. Absurd but you gotta laugh. The quicker you get over it the quicker you are back in Paradise.
Pourboy
Extreme Angler

Post by Pourboy »

Great job and it was great to see you out there. Always great helping others out. Cheers and see out there again soon.