Sat 5/6 float tube report

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
jmytuna
Angler

Sat 5/6 float tube report

Post by jmytuna »

Shut out for opener on Wed but got a tube spot Sat
Lake 90% full almost to the top of the spillway.
Parking at pigs limited to porta potty and back.
Lost of new shoreline to explore.
Lots of kayakers and tubers, Nascar launch at pigs point in the dark, running wide open in the moonlight.
Got a handful on top with buzzbait then shut down rest of the morning. Spent too long looking for topwater bite. Rest on underspin, plastics
No shad.
Left at 1:00 with 10 and wind picking up and a log run back in the tube.
Toughest opener bite in a while, cold runoff still coming into the lake, fish in pre spawn, spawn mode and them getting use to all the new shoreline. Should only get better.
Did some work on the haswing brushless trolling motor - taking head off, running speed control up by me and adding pole steering to the Scadden Detonator.
I was still soldering a few hours before leaving for the lake so i'm glad I got to put thru maiden trip and I did not get left stranded.

Surferjohn
Angler

Re: Sat 5/6 float tube report

Post by Surferjohn »

Nice
otaymichael
Extreme Angler

Re: Sat 5/6 float tube report

Post by otaymichael »

nice rig. Jules said most guys reported 5 or less opening day, that or more than 30. Hardly anyone in between (which I fell into, only going top and getting 16 landed -From 20 or so fought- from late morning to sunset). Looks as nice as it's ever been, can't wait to see the end of pine, the frog bite will be off the hook in a month or so.