Late May 5th Report

For Barrett Lake fishing reports ONLY. All other questions or discussions should be in the general Barrett Lake forum
Johnnylh
Angler

Late May 5th Report

Post by Johnnylh »

Got to fish the lake with my son and a friend on the only day it's rained in months! Cold wet windy conditions all the way back in Hauser. Thank God for frogg toggs! My sons bud won the jackpot with a nice fish just over 4 lbs! His PB! My boy topped out with a 3.2 lb-er. Overall tough, off day for the 3rd day of the season, but had a lot of fun. Proud of the youngsters for not complaining about the weather and persevering through till the sun finally showed up and the wind slowed to a calm 10 knots later in the day, haha. I could hear guys on yaks screaming and cursing the wind as it handled them and their boats, pushing them into the brush and tree line back in Hauser! Been there. We just happened to get lucky with the ticket master debacle and landed a motor boat rental randomly. Even with our cement block "anchor" and the protection of the tree line, we were still being pushed along the ponds back there. Had to leave early as the boys had to study for AP exams. Ended with about 25 landed. Not too shabby, considering I spent the day with my son, sharing some fun together and a few good laughs about frozen fingers and trying to make a sandwich!
Attachments
IMG_0304.jpg
IMG_0315.jpg
IMG_20240505_075404787_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240505_123829777_HDR.jpg
Screenshot_20240505-174838_Instagram.jpg
MaxZmus
Pro Angler

Re: Late May 5th Report

Post by MaxZmus »

Looks like time we’ll spent to me. My son is only 5 so he doesn’t last long of the fish aren’t biting. I’m glad your boy and his buddy stuck it out.